Top 6 Home Remedies For Gout Pain

Gout is a form of arthritis which causes severe pain, redness, makes your joint tender and swells. It can happen on any part of your body. Some the reason behind this excessive production of Uric Acid, lack of exercise and high consumption of Alcohol to name a few. Until the time you take an appointment with the doctor, you can try these home remedies to seek relief from the pain.

Natural Treatment of Gout Pain

Water

First and the foremost thing to immediately do is to increase your water intake. It’s very important to stay hydrated. The main function is to flush the uric acid out of your body, keeping gout under control.

Banana

Just like water, the high levels of potassium in bananas converts uric acid crystals in the body into liquid, which will then exit the body through urination. It also contains vitamin C, which reduces swelling and pain. You must have 2 bananas every day.

Fish oil

Fish oil can decrease the risk for gout because it’s packed with omega-3 fatty acids that reduce disease-causing inflammation in your body. Fish has proven to be an effective treatment for arthritis and Gout is a form of arthritis.

Cherries

It doesn’t matter if the cherries are sweet or sour, they are very helpful in treating gout owing to its antioxidant properties, it also contains anthocyanin, which can reduce inflammation and swelling. People suffering from gout must consume 15-20 cherries daily.

Lemon Juice

Consume one glass of lemon juice every day because lemons have properties that can alkalize the body minimizes the uric acid in the bloodstream and provides relief from the pain. Besides lemon start consuming fruits rich in vitamin C to strengthen the body tissues. Have it three times a day, you can also add a teaspoon of baking soda to it. If you are opting for simple lemon juice then drink it thrice a day.

Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple cider vinegar helps treat gout and arthritis. The acidity in apple cider vinegar will help relieve severe pain. You can also add honey to the remedy to boost the body’s anti-inflammatory response. Add one teaspoonful in one glass of water and have it thrice a day.

Readers Comments (37)

1. Nice information on gout. Everything is clearly explained. Thanks for the information.

2. That’s really good to know Anurita. We always try natural home remedies first before going to the doctor – I’m not a big fan of them, they tend to just prescribe antibiotics for everything. My dad suffers terribly from grout so I’ll pass you list on. Thank you

3. Great ideas. This sounds like a painful condition, so anything to alleviate this pain sounds like it would be worth trying. Thanks for sharing!

4. Very insightful and helpful post. Thanks.

5. This is a very useful post. I actually know two people who suffer from gout and during their crisis they can’t even leave the bed because they can’t stand up due to the pain. I will share it with them.

6. Great info, I”ll have to pass along to some family members who have been talking about this. Thank you!

7. It’s so important to try natural remedies with prescribed medications. Sometimes the medications just put a bandaid on the problem,

8. Wow. This is a really great guidelines for the people who are suffering of gout. In my family there are many people who are suffering from this disease, now it will be easier for me to provide them some healthy guidance to them.

9. I always love to stick with home remedies as we know that can;t go wrong with them and will keep them bookmarked.

10. Yes – all these foods are high in anti-inflammatory nutrients. I eat them for AS, too. I cannot say enough about drinking water. It helps so many things. I wish cherries were easier to find year-round. They are a favorite.

11. Apple cider vinegar is such a versatile product and relives other pains also….gout pain is very disturbing and these remedies will surely help people suffering from Gout!

12. Great and informative, Its not something I’ve ever suffered with but it is great to see easy and doable remedies, I had no idea banana could help it!

13. I always rely on natural remedies before taking any medicines …I have not had this or heard of anyone who has it but this is a good resource to have for future should this disease arise.

14. This is very helpful post. My grandmother suffers from severe pain due to gout. She tries to stay hydrated and eat healthy. I will let her know these remedies.

15. I had no idea there is so many natural remedies than can be used instead of medication. Thanks so much, really useful to know.

16. Informative post! Natural remedies are always the best!

17. I know someone with gout. The info provided is very helpful. I’ll be sure to share.

18. These are really great tips. I try to use natural/home remedies as much as possible.

19. Some great information here very insightful. Water is always good and the cherries I love anyway so that is a bonus x

20. This is the first time I ever heard about gout pain! Your post is very informative. It seems like a lot of people can be prone to it. Good thing there are natural remedies!

21. I am a family physician and I treat gout when a patient come in and has the condition or symptoms that could be gout (then I do tests and discover that it is gout). it is always nice to have some natural options that have been studied in randomized control trials. the evidence never lies.

22. Thanks for the educative and insightful post. I will share with someone who needs it!

23. You have given useful home remedies for gout. No side effect of medicine. All natural and loaded with nutrients.

24. This is interesting, I will keep this in mind if I ever encounter gout pain, thanks for sharing.

25. Hi had no idea cherries were so good. I love home remedies that are natural. I also make those.

26. This is such an informative and detailed post about home remedies for gout pain. I will definitely share this with my family.

27. Gout and arthritis run in our family. Most of my aunties and uncles have gout and arthritic pains. My brother has a high uric acid level to the point that it has crystallized at one time. Your post is most helpful. I actually shared it to my brother too.
    Thank you for this.

28. I sincerely never knew any of this before now, all these can mostly be found at home. Thanks for sharing these helpful tips, it would surely come in handy.

29. These are definitely some interesting remedies to try for those with gout pain. Will definitely be sharing these to friends and family!

30. Great information here! Thank you! Usually I try all the natural remedies at home before going to the doctor, ’cause I so don’t like hospitals, oh!

31. Useful post, especially for the elderly!

32. Great treatments! I never knew about goods of lemon on that matter – more reasons to love this fruit

33. Natural remedies are the best and I sometimes they work better than prescribed medications!

34. Love these home remedies I use ginger and garlic to cure everything lol

35. I am glad I work out and lead a healthy life style, this condition seems painful. I also apprecite natural remedies for any condition.

36. I am glad I work and eat well, because this condition seems like a painful one. I also appreciate natural remedies, nature is best.

37. yes! water is number 1! i always fill up bottles with the amount of water i need to drink throughout the day to make sure i actually do it!